24 January 2012

Londontown - I'm on my way!

Hello Goodnight!

I figured I'd write the first post for the blog. This blog will feature myself (Lissa) and my friend Livs (LeafyAnne) writing about our lives now that we're living out of the country. Or, in my case, about to be living out of the country.


I am still in Canada until April - given that everything goes through smoothly with my visa. I do not forsee any problems but you never know nowadays so my fingers are crossed as I await the outcome.

I will be moving to London for 16 months to work as an au pair. I found the most amazing family and I am so excited to start as their au pair. I will also be getting teaching experience in because as it turns out, the family I am working for, the mother knows teachers who are looking for assistants. I will be doing it voluntarily but I can't complain when I'll be gaining invaluable experience in the field I am persuing as my career choice. I won't go into much detail tonight about what led to my decision to apply to become an au pair, but that post will be coming shortly. I just wanted to get the blog rolling for the time being.

Au Revoir!

Lissa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment