6 March 2012

1 Month and Counting

Aloha!

My departure date is merely a month away. I didn't think that the time would be flying by so quickly but I was wrong. Last time I checked, I had a solid 7 weeks to get things organized before leaving but today marks 4 weeks until D-Day.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited about it but nobody ever tells you all that needs to be done BEFORE you actually leave. Packing is the absolute last thing on your mind. You're running around getting your bank accounts in order and getting monthly fees taken down since you won't actually be using it while you're away. You're also tying up any loose ends you may have, like bills.

I've had to make numerous amount of phone calls to different companies to sort out my cable and internet while I'm gone. That, in itself, was one of the worse things I've ever had to do! The cable/internet company I'm with has absolutely horrible customer service representatives. I wanted to pull out my hair and I'm sure if I had the system in front of me, I could have put my services on hold without it taking 4 days!

Next, I had to phone the student loan people. That phone call was very painless. I definitely thought I would have had trouble with them but the woman I spoke to gave me all the answers I needed and what needed to be done in regards to repayment. She informed me that since they have changed the policy, I will have to pay the minimum payments now because I will not be in Canada, which means I cannot apply for the repayment assistance that enables me to not have to pay. C'est la vie. I'll do what needs to be done because I am going to be living my dream and nothing is standing in my way of that.

Deferring my school another year was a bit harder. I got accepted to all the schools I applied to which I was actually surprised about. I felt I accomplished something on my own and was so proud. I still am proud of myself for getting into the schools. Seeing all the choices and having to decline them all until next year was hard and I had a moment when I questioned myself and whether or not I should actually be moving to London. Then I just remembered that this is what I want and I had to fight to get here. This is a wonderful opportunity and it will be amazing and look even better on my resume when I'm applying to teachers college.

So, as I've said, I've been running around doing everything and then something else. It seems that there's always something that needs to be done right now that I didn't think about before. It's crazy. I have my CPR recertification coming up as well in a week and with that and trying to find time to see everybody before I leave, March is a crazy month for me indeed. I have three (yes, three!) different going away parties to attend this month as well. I'm a busy girl with working, tying up loose ends and thinking about packing. Knowing me, I won't pack until a day or two beforehand at this rate.

That's all I have to update for now. I will try to get back to post some photos from the parties and such before I take off.

Toodles!

Lissa xx

P.S. I will see about getting Livs to post soon as well. She's been sick these past weeks so hopefully she feels well enough to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment